Spring School Holidays
Make the most of the warmer weather and spring blossoms, heading for the Hills of Gold at Nundle and Hanging Rock this NSW school holidays, Saturday September 28-Sunday October 13. Visit for a day or longer, enjoying the hospitality of our accommodation hosts.
- Jenkins Street Guest House – Open weekends and the public holiday.
- Mount Misery Gold Mine Café and Museum – Gold panning lessons on the front lawn of the cafe, $10 pp, plus recreated gold mine with soundscape and gold rush interpretation. Open every day of the school holidays 9-4.
- Nundle Courthouse Museum – Visit the refurbished Nundle Courthouse Museum (weekends) for insight into local 19th Century life. Open Saturday 10am-2pm and Sunday 12.30-4pm. Small entry cost.
- Nundle Woollen Mill – Learn how a ball of wool is made with daily 2pm tours.
- Have a hit on our beautifully maintained Nundle Tennis Courts (contact Fossickers’ Tourist Park), swing, slide and climb your way around the architect-designed $120K Nundle Playground, or discover Nundle River Walk.
- Pack the kayaks and paddle on Chaffey or Sheba Dams. Bring a bag of dry kindling and firewood and light a campfire to boil a billy for tea, sizzle some sausages, and melt marshmallows, stocking up at Nundle’s Friendly Grocer or Nundle Fuel and Cafe.
- View the world class Gil Bennet Rock, Mineral and Gem Collection at Nundle Visitor Information Outlet.