Spring School Holidays
Visit Nundle and Hanging Rock this NSW spring school holidays and share our wide open spaces, Saturday September 26-Sunday October 11, including the October Long Weekend October 3-5. Spring has to be one of the best times of the year for a regional road trip, not too hot, not too cold…just right. Enough sunshine for a paddle in the Peel River or a kayak on Chaffey or Sheba Dams. All the trees are waking up with spring blossoms and foliage emerging, there is water in creeks and rivers for the first time in years, and the hills are covered in green pasture. Be sure to book your dining and accommodation, and check business opening hours.
- Wake up in Nundle, choosing a bed at Jenkins Street Guest House, Fossickers’ Tourist Park, The Peel Inn, The Birches, Hills of Gold Motel, Mount Misery Guest House, or Nundle Airbnb properties.
- Gather around a table for a meal at The Peel Inn, Cafe Nundle, Mount Misery Gold Mine Cafe, Machina Coffee and Donuts, and Arc-en-ciel Trout Farm, Hanging Rock (bookings recommended).
- Immerse yourself in all things woolly with a tour at nationally recognised tourist attraction, Nundle Woollen Mill.
- Bring back memories of grandma’s place as you browse traditional kitchen and garden wares at Odgers and McClelland Exchange Stores.
- Freshen up your spring wardrobe with new accessories from stylish Sacs on Jenkins.
- Support local growers and makers by shopping for produce, plants and homemade goods at Nundle District Craft Shop.
- Learn the stories that have shaped Nundle and Hanging Rock by visiting Nundle Courthouse Museum, open Saturday 10-11.30am and Sunday 12.30-4pm, or Mount Misery Gold Mine. Both small entry cost.
- Spend time outdoors exploring nature, bushwalking or mountain bike riding at Sheba Dams, Hanging Rock Lookout, Ponderosa Park, or Chaffey Dam.
- Have a hit on our beautifully maintained Nundle Tennis Courts (contact Fossickers’ Tourist Park), swing, slide and climb your way around the architect-designed $120K Nundle Playground, or discover Nundle River Walk.
- Bring a bag of dry kindling and firewood and light a campfire to boil a billy for tea, sizzle some sausages, and melt marshmallows, stocking up at Nundle’s Friendly Grocer or Nundle Fuel and Cafe.
Remember you can always visit Nundle virtually through our local online stores @moonglowaustralia, @exchangestoresnundle @stormcrowstudio @nundlewoollenmill @sacsonjenkins and Nundle Natural Solutions.